Larson & Associates, Inc. (LAI) utilizes cost-effective strategies while working closely with the client and regulatory agency to develop specific objectives that support realistic cleanup and closure criteria. As a leader in environmental technology in the Permian Basin, LAI employs proven, cost-effective techniques.
Direct-push technology collects soil and groundwater samples to minimize surface damage, and reduce waste disposal costs. LAI uses a Terraprobe® all-terrain direct-push sampling unit for collecting various types of media, including soil, groundwater and soil gas.
Non-Intrusive Investigative Methods
Methods such as electromagnetic (EM) terrain conductivity, and magnetic surveys to efficiently map releases in soil and groundwater without surface disturbance.
Other innovative technologies used to achieve cost-effective remediation objectives include:
- Troll 9500 probes to collect real-time downhole water quality data to determine contaminant-affected strata
- Eductor pump technology for dual-phase recovery of phase-separated petroleum hydrocarbons, and soil vapor extraction
- Air injection for in-situ remediation of dissolved organic contaminants in groundwater
- In-situ chemical stabilization and chemical reduction
- Soil vapor extraction (SVE) and bio-venting
- Landfarming petroleum contaminated soils for reuse and liability reduction